moss.plain
Landlord
The $63 monthly difference looked much less compelling once I compared it with the cost of an empty apartment. This Los Angeles tenancy produces about $479, while nearby advertisements are around $542, and the current tenant has been reliable and careful with the property.
A single short vacancy, with cleaning and repairs added, could take many months of extra rent to recover. I am therefore leaning toward a limited adjustment rather than moving straight to $542, with a later review only if permitted and supported by better comparisons.
My order of checks would be the maintenance record first, then whether the advertised apartments truly match in size, condition and included services. After that I would confirm which local rent limits and notice requirements apply to this tenancy before discussing any figure. Does that sequence miss anything important, including how the deposit must be handled if the tenant eventually leaves?
A single short vacancy, with cleaning and repairs added, could take many months of extra rent to recover. I am therefore leaning toward a limited adjustment rather than moving straight to $542, with a later review only if permitted and supported by better comparisons.
My order of checks would be the maintenance record first, then whether the advertised apartments truly match in size, condition and included services. After that I would confirm which local rent limits and notice requirements apply to this tenancy before discussing any figure. Does that sequence miss anything important, including how the deposit must be handled if the tenant eventually leaves?