Los Angeles new-build flats: is 54 days a reliable signal?

zane_homes

Real estate agent
Established
Founding Member
I’m tracking Los Angeles new-build flats listed between $1,128,000 and $1,692,000, and my current sample suggests roughly 54 days to find a buyer. The slower outliers mostly seem connected to property tax, but I may be over-weighting listings that remain online.

Would recent completed sales give a materially different picture? I’m also wondering whether this is seasonal, since local agents have offered conflicting explanations.
 
Completed sales should be part of the comparison, but don’t drop withdrawn stock. Looking only at closings creates the opposite bias: it excludes sellers who could not achieve their price. I’d separate active, completed and withdrawn listings, then note when each seller made the first price cut. A flat that sells after 54 days without a reduction is telling a different story from one cut after two weeks.
 
How tightly have you drawn the neighbourhood boundaries? At that price level, combining different parts of Los Angeles can make one average look more meaningful than it is. I’d also split completed units from unfinished or less polished stock and note whether buyer financing caused delays. Property tax may explain some outliers, but condition, new-listing volume and seller motivation could be equally important.
 
Back
Top