sol_compares
First-time buyer
I want to work out whether condition is creating a genuine buying opportunity here, but the broad Los Angeles label makes the numbers difficult to interpret.
I’m following five-bedroom student properties listed from $528,000 to $792,000. The snapshot shows 9.3% movement and about 114 days on market. My suspicion is that insurance cost or difficulty obtaining cover may deepen the discount on homes needing work, although financing limits or weak campus access could produce the same pattern.
Has anyone seen recent completed sales that help separate those explanations? Please say which neighbourhood was involved and whether the property was an ordinary house occupied by students or purpose-built accommodation.
I’m following five-bedroom student properties listed from $528,000 to $792,000. The snapshot shows 9.3% movement and about 114 days on market. My suspicion is that insurance cost or difficulty obtaining cover may deepen the discount on homes needing work, although financing limits or weak campus access could produce the same pattern.
Has anyone seen recent completed sales that help separate those explanations? Please say which neighbourhood was involved and whether the property was an ordinary house occupied by students or purpose-built accommodation.