Los Angeles studios at $152,000–$228,000: is 38 days meaningful?

Fair, though boundaries can become another excuse never to decide. Define them once, disclose them, and accept that a small property sample will always carry some noise.
 
For the next observation, note what happened to every July listing: still advertised, reduced, withdrawn or completed. That simple follow-through should answer more than another citywide headline.
 
If most remain advertised, the 38 days will naturally rise even with no new weakness. The useful development would be whether fresh studios sell while older ones accumulate.
 
Yes, stock flow matters. New listings can lower the current average, while withdrawals can remove the longest cases. Neither movement necessarily means properties are selling faster.
 
I would not combine completed, withdrawn and active properties into one marketing-period figure. Keep each outcome visible, then describe the pattern in plain language.
 
The comments have exposed gaps in my first pass. I cannot support a strong vacancy claim from the current notes, and I omitted the sample count here. Next update I’ll keep the boundaries fixed and separate active, completed, withdrawn and relisted studios, with price-cut timing and condition noted.
 
That approach should make the result much easier to interpret. Include the property count beside every subgroup so readers can distinguish a pattern from one or two unusual listings.
 
Good revision. I’d still resist adding too many subjective fields. Status, price history, location and basic condition should come before guesses about motivation or buyer behaviour.
 
Please retain the original July 2026 cohort as well as tracking new entrants. Otherwise you will know what the market looks like later, but not what happened to this specific group.
 
That cohort follow-up may resolve the vacancy issue naturally. If vacant units repeatedly cut, withdraw or remain advertised while matched occupied units complete, the association becomes more persuasive.
 
Until then, I’d describe 38 days as a useful baseline for this $152,000–$228,000 sample, not evidence of a Los Angeles shift. The next outcomes—not the current average—should determine whether the interpretation changes.
 
Back
Top