The detail that changed my view was not the percentage fee but how much work sits outside the cheaper proposal. I’m choosing an agent for a Manchester townhouse expected to sell at about £1,018,000, and the quotes are difficult to compare because the service boundaries differ.
I plan to put them on the same basis first: total cost at the expected sale price, photography scope, buyer checks, negotiation, and support if an agreed sale collapses. Then there are two possible decisions. If the lower quote covers those tasks with clear named responsibility, it may offer better value; if they become extras or are handed to an unclear team, the fuller package may justify its price.
What questions would make that distinction measurable? I also want each agent to explain who controls the file after launch, how quickly offers are communicated, and how connections to buyers or recommended services are disclosed.
I plan to put them on the same basis first: total cost at the expected sale price, photography scope, buyer checks, negotiation, and support if an agreed sale collapses. Then there are two possible decisions. If the lower quote covers those tasks with clear named responsibility, it may offer better value; if they become extras or are handed to an unclear team, the fuller package may justify its price.
What questions would make that distinction measurable? I also want each agent to explain who controls the file after launch, how quickly offers are communicated, and how connections to buyers or recommended services are disclosed.