Lyon listings: the headline and the street-level picture - second opinion?

otis.elm

Buyer
Established
I’m sense-checking a Lyon sample priced from €283,400 to €425,000, mostly townhouses. The typical listing has been visible for 107 days.

My working theory is that condition and likely maintenance costs separate the quick sales from the stale stock, but listing age alone may be misleading. Has anyone noticed whether recent completed sales, withdrawals or price cuts tell a different story? Neighbourhood boundaries may also be distorting my sample.
 
I wouldn’t attribute the gap to maintenance yet. A 107-day figure for currently visible listings naturally leaves you looking at the properties that have not sold, while quick completions disappear from the sample. Withdrawals and relistings could blur it further. Are you using Lyon’s administrative boundary consistently, and are the condition descriptions detailed enough to compare like with like?
 
Condition may still be important, especially with townhouses, but I agree it cannot be separated from asking price. Two similar-looking properties can linger for different reasons: one needs work, while another has an unmotivated seller who started too high. Buyer financing could also affect which offers actually proceed. I’d want the original price, current price and first reduction date for each listing.
 
Ideally the sample would show why homes are lingering, but the current listing pool cannot do that unless withdrawals and relistings are separated. I’d group the properties by neighbourhood and apparent condition, then record the original price, reduction date and latest status for each one.

Buyer financing is another possible break in the chain: an agreed offer is not necessarily a completed sale. If maintained homes keep completing without cuts while renovation cases remain active, condition looks important. If both groups move only after reductions, the stronger explanation is probably seller pricing rather than maintenance.
 
Back
Top