Lyon mixed-use listings: is 30 days a reliable signal?

I have been tracking Lyon mixed-use buildings advertised between €507,800 and €761,800 this month. My current sample suggests roughly 30 days to find a buyer, with many of the outliers appearing to involve lease length.

I am deciding whether to use that 30-day figure when assessing new listings, or wait until I can compare it with completed deals. Am I overweighting properties still online? Seasonality may be involved, but agents are giving me conflicting answers.
 
Active listings can distort the picture because the difficult stock remains visible while quicker deals disappear. Completed sales would help, but only if you can connect them to the original listing date. I would also track withdrawn properties separately; otherwise a removal may look like a buyer was found when the seller simply stopped marketing it.
 
What exactly marks the end of your 30 days: an accepted offer, the advert being removed, or completion? Those are different timelines. I would also split the sample by neighbourhood boundary and property condition before treating lease length as the main explanation. A small mixed-use sample can change character quickly when only a few listings are added.
 
I would not disregard the live listings entirely. Completed transactions necessarily describe an earlier group, while current buyer financing and seller motivation may have changed. Compare both sets rather than choosing one.

For the live cohort, record the first advertised price, first price-cut date and any relisting. Then you can see whether “30 days” reflects genuine demand or sellers adjusting expectations after several weeks.
 
A simple weekly ledger would make this much clearer: new listings, still active, price reduced, withdrawn, and apparently under offer. Add lease length, condition and a consistent micro-neighbourhood label. The new-listing volume matters because 30 days during a quiet period is not directly comparable with 30 days when many similar buildings arrive together.
 
One further complication: keep properties in the band defined by their initial asking price, not their latest reduced price. Otherwise a building can enter the €507,800–€761,800 sample only after struggling elsewhere, which makes the band appear slower. I would want several comparable weekly cohorts before calling the current pattern seasonal.
 
Back
Top