mara_property
Real estate agent
I have checked the purchase price of €703,800 against projected rent of €4,752 a month, but I am less certain about the costs behind that rent. On paper, twelve full months produce roughly an 8.1% gross yield for this 2-bed Madrid villa.
My working case assumes one vacant month, management fees and normal upkeep, with additional cash set aside for occasional major work. Energy performance is another unknown because improvements could be needed and higher running costs may weaken tenant demand.
For a Madrid villa, which figure tends to be missed most often: insurance, local property charges or the cost of changing tenants? I am trying to judge the risk on a realistic net return rather than rely on the headline yield.
My working case assumes one vacant month, management fees and normal upkeep, with additional cash set aside for occasional major work. Energy performance is another unknown because improvements could be needed and higher running costs may weaken tenant demand.
For a Madrid villa, which figure tends to be missed most often: insurance, local property charges or the cost of changing tenants? I am trying to judge the risk on a realistic net return rather than rely on the headline yield.