Our adviser flagged the cost issue but stopped short of saying we should walk away. I’m building a closing-cost checklist for a Madrid condo priced around €492,200.
I have transfer tax, legal and notary costs, and registration fees on the list. The less clear parts are the ownership structure, recurring property charges, residency implications, capital-gains treatment on a later sale, and inheritance planning.
For those who have completed a Spanish purchase, which questions or cost categories were missing from the first estimate? I’m looking for points to raise with a licensed local professional, not personal legal or tax advice.
I have transfer tax, legal and notary costs, and registration fees on the list. The less clear parts are the ownership structure, recurring property charges, residency implications, capital-gains treatment on a later sale, and inheritance planning.
For those who have completed a Spanish purchase, which questions or cost categories were missing from the first estimate? I’m looking for points to raise with a licensed local professional, not personal legal or tax advice.