The unexpected risk is that the remaining €19,320 could be consumed by several bills arriving together, even if the apartment avoids a major repair. I am considering a 4-bed Madrid apartment at about €1,150,000, with that amount left after the deposit and expected completion costs.
Before calling it a repair budget, I would need to cover the move, first mortgage instalment, any service charge falling due and a possible insurance excess. The inspection may also identify work needed in the first year. Furnishing all four bedrooms can wait, so that is the obvious place to reduce spending.
How would you divide the money between an emergency reserve, moving costs and inspection items that cannot be postponed? I am treating the energy label mainly as an indication of likely running costs unless it points to specific near-term work. My next step is to confirm exactly when the first service charge is payable, because that timing could materially alter the available cushion.
Before calling it a repair budget, I would need to cover the move, first mortgage instalment, any service charge falling due and a possible insurance excess. The inspection may also identify work needed in the first year. Furnishing all four bedrooms can wait, so that is the obvious place to reduce spending.
How would you divide the money between an emergency reserve, moving costs and inspection items that cannot be postponed? I am treating the energy label mainly as an indication of likely running costs unless it points to specific near-term work. My next step is to confirm exactly when the first service charge is payable, because that timing could materially alter the available cushion.