Madrid seller comparing mixed-use asking prices with completed deals

grain.brisk

Seller
Established
Before I decide where to focus my reading, I need to separate useful Madrid evidence from broad comparisons that may not fit the property. I’m selling and mainly researching mixed-use buildings, renovation costs, transaction expenses and differences between advertised figures and completed deals.

I joined to compare approaches outside a single local market. Is the Madrid board the best first stop, followed by the market-data discussions, or is there a more relevant section for sellers dealing with mixed-use property?
 
Welcome. I’d begin on the local board, then separate your reading into two piles: completed-price evidence and current listings. Asking prices show seller expectations, not necessarily where deals finish. The first-purchase and legal-checklist discussions can also help you identify transaction costs that headline price comparisons miss.
 
The type of mixed-use property needs pinning down first. A building with homes above occupied commercial units is a different comparison from a property being assessed for a possible change of use.

I would also keep whole-building transactions separate from sales of individual units. Combining them could make the difference between advertised and completed prices look meaningful when it is really caused by different ownership, income and renovation circumstances. Once that distinction is clear, the local board should point you toward more comparable evidence.
 
I wouldn’t start with broad market data alone. It can give context, but mixed-use properties often differ too much in occupancy, condition and management burden for a citywide figure to answer a specific pricing question. A simple model for income, vacancy assumptions, renovation and ongoing management costs may reveal more than an average price comparison.
 
That is fair, although modelling before understanding the local transaction evidence can create false precision. I’d first build a small comparison table with location, advertised price, completed price where available, use mix, condition and date. Then add transaction costs and financing assumptions separately, so you can see which inputs are known and which are estimates.
 
Also keep mortgage comparisons in their own section. Financing terms can change whether a deal works for a particular buyer, but they should not be confused with the property’s completed price. For the forum, I’d post one tightly defined Madrid example on the local board and ask members which differences they would adjust for.
 
One more practical angle: read the property-management and renovation threads together. Commercial and residential parts may create different maintenance priorities, access needs and disruption during works. Before comparing returns, list what is occupied, what needs renovation and which costs relate to the whole building rather than one use. Any legal or tax assumptions should then be checked for the relevant Spanish jurisdiction.
 
Back
Top