Madrid serviced apartments: is condition behind the 5.6% movement?

BrightStone

First-time buyer
Established
I would prefer to make an offer soon, but not while I am comparing unlike properties. My Madrid list contains serviced apartments asking between €404,800 and €607,200; the snapshot suggests a 5.6% decline and about 26 days on the market, although condition appears to affect the room for negotiation.

Insurance still looks like a possible source of the gap, but the distinction raised above between ordinary flats with added services and operator-linked units could be more important because it changes financing and the buyer pool. My current rule would be to bid if comparable completed sales show condition-related discounts; if the evidence is only asking-price reductions or relisted stock, I would keep watching. Are others seeing a different pattern? Please give the Madrid neighbourhood, precise property type, and whether the comparison uses asking prices or completed transactions.
 
Before blaming insurance, what does “serviced apartment” mean in this sample: ordinary flats marketed with services, or units tied to an operator? That distinction could affect financing and the buyer pool. I’d also separate Salamanca from adjoining areas rather than treating Madrid as one market. Is the -5.6% based on actual completions, price cuts, or estimated negotiation?
 
I wouldn’t put insurance first without comparing like-for-like condition. Twenty-six days can also be misleading if withdrawn listings later return with a new date. Track each property’s original asking price, first reduction, withdrawal or relisting, and final completed price where available. Then note obvious renovation needs and whether financing appears possible. If reductions cluster after a similar period, seller motivation may explain more than insurance; if only poorer-condition units diverge, your theory becomes stronger.
 
Back
Top