I have to make a call on this Manchester townhouse shortly, and the narrow margin is giving me pause. The asking price is £1,108,000 for a 4-bed property, while proposed rent of £2,803 per month produces £33,636 a year—about 3.0% gross before costs.
I’ve allowed for vacancy, management, routine maintenance and one substantial repair. The weak points are the rough insurance estimate and the risk that tenant turnover creates several costs at once. Strong demand or decent condition would not rescue the figures if the rent assumption is optimistic.
Which items would you insist on verifying through documents or property-specific quotes before proceeding? I’d also like to know what rental evidence would support £2,803: completed lettings for comparable townhouses, the existing tenancy, or something else.
I’ve allowed for vacancy, management, routine maintenance and one substantial repair. The weak points are the rough insurance estimate and the risk that tenant turnover creates several costs at once. Strong demand or decent condition would not rescue the figures if the rent assumption is optimistic.
Which items would you insist on verifying through documents or property-specific quotes before proceeding? I’d also like to know what rental evidence would support £2,803: completed lettings for comparable townhouses, the existing tenancy, or something else.