The seller’s figures make the 5-bed serviced apartment look attractive, but I hesitate to accept £6,336 a month as dependable income without knowing what sits behind it. At £982,800 the gross yield is about 7.7%, and 91 days on the market also makes me wonder whether other buyers found a weakness in the numbers.
I would allow for seasonal vacancy, management and ongoing repairs, plus cash for a major item such as a failed heating system. Financing costs and the service charge could still make the result too thin. If the rent is guaranteed by an operator, I would focus on that operator’s obligations and reliability; if it is projected booking revenue, I would want a full operating-cost breakdown before deciding what net return is acceptable. What expense or risk would local buyers test first?
I would allow for seasonal vacancy, management and ongoing repairs, plus cash for a major item such as a failed heating system. Financing costs and the service charge could still make the result too thin. If the rent is guaranteed by an operator, I would focus on that operator’s obligations and reliability; if it is projected booking revenue, I would want a full operating-cost breakdown before deciding what net return is acceptable. What expense or risk would local buyers test first?