My main constraint is not finding a higher advertised figure; it is avoiding an unnecessary change of tenant. The Manchester condo brings in about £3,209, while apparently comparable homes are being marketed near £3,863. The current tenant has a dependable payment record and looks after the place.
A jump to the full asking level might improve income if achieved, but vacancy, preparation work and reletting could absorb much of the difference. More importantly, a reliable tenancy is difficult to recreate once ended. I am therefore leaning toward a smaller increase supported by genuinely comparable properties.
How would you present that review fairly while following the applicable notice process and preserving the relationship? For future reviews, I would also like a consistent checklist covering achieved market evidence, payment history, property condition, likely vacancy and turnover costs.
A jump to the full asking level might improve income if achieved, but vacancy, preparation work and reletting could absorb much of the difference. More importantly, a reliable tenancy is difficult to recreate once ended. I am therefore leaning toward a smaller increase supported by genuinely comparable properties.
How would you present that review fairly while following the applicable notice process and preserving the relationship? For future reviews, I would also like a consistent checklist covering achieved market evidence, payment history, property condition, likely vacancy and turnover costs.