miro_tools
Property investor
I’m comparing small multifamily properties in two Manchester neighbourhoods, but the citywide average is too broad to be useful. My sample runs from £620,900 to £931,300, and the typical listing has been visible for 77 days.
The quicker sales and stale listings seem to divide sharply. I initially wondered whether property tax or other transaction costs explain the gap, but condition, financing, seller motivation and even where agents draw the neighbourhood boundary may matter more.
Could anyone following these streets share what they are seeing in recent completed sales rather than asking prices? I’d be especially interested in whether new-listing volume or withdrawals have changed, when price cuts tend to appear, and whether the longer-listed properties have obvious condition or financing issues. Street or neighbourhood-level observations would be much more helpful than another Manchester-wide figure.
The quicker sales and stale listings seem to divide sharply. I initially wondered whether property tax or other transaction costs explain the gap, but condition, financing, seller motivation and even where agents draw the neighbourhood boundary may matter more.
Could anyone following these streets share what they are seeing in recent completed sales rather than asking prices? I’d be especially interested in whether new-listing volume or withdrawals have changed, when price cuts tend to appear, and whether the longer-listed properties have obvious condition or financing issues. Street or neighbourhood-level observations would be much more helpful than another Manchester-wide figure.