My main constraint is keeping enough cash available after completion rather than stretching to the highest purchase price I can obtain. The property is a 5-bed new-build flat in Manila priced at about PHP 68,150,000, and my estimate leaves PHP 2,204,000 once the deposit and closing costs are paid.
That balance still has to cover the move, the first mortgage payment, any charges due at handover, insurance and its excess, plus work identified by the inspection. I can furnish unused bedrooms gradually, but I do not want an ordinary repair to wipe out the emergency reserve.
Would you set the untouched emergency fund first and spend only the balance, or wait for the inspection before deciding whether this purchase leaves enough room?
That balance still has to cover the move, the first mortgage payment, any charges due at handover, insurance and its excess, plus work identified by the inspection. I can furnish unused bedrooms gradually, but I do not want an ordinary repair to wipe out the emergency reserve.
Would you set the untouched emergency fund first and spend only the balance, or wait for the inspection before deciding whether this purchase leaves enough room?