Manila small multifamily at PHP 39,440,000: normal variation or an early shift?

saveTheCorner

Homeowner
I’m assessing a Manila small multifamily property marketed at PHP 39,440,000 in May 2026. Instead of using the citywide average, I followed a narrower group priced from PHP 31,550,000 to PHP 47,330,000; the current marketing period is roughly 13 days.

Financing costs appear to be influencing buyers more than the monthly headline figures. Is that still ordinary property-level variation, or an early change in this segment? Seasonality may explain it, but agents are giving me conflicting answers. What would you examine before interpreting this as a negotiating signal?
 
Thirteen days feels too early to call a market change, especially if those are marketing periods rather than completed sales. I’d first tighten the neighbourhood boundaries and separate properties by condition. One renovated building and one needing substantial work can sit in the same price band without attracting the same buyer.

Do you have recent completed sales, or only current listings? New listings, withdrawals and the timing of price cuts would be more revealing than asking prices alone.
 
I agree on completed sales, but I wouldn’t dismiss the financing pattern simply because the sample is young. If similarly located properties in comparable condition are stalling or cutting prices when buyer financing becomes harder, that could be an early signal before it appears in sale prices.

I’d make a simple table for each property: first-listing date, condition, price changes, withdrawal or sale outcome, and any known seller motivation. If the differences disappear after sorting by those factors, it is probably property-level variation; if they persist, keep watching the next batch of listings.
 
Back
Top