Manila townhouses at PHP 35.73m–53.59m: are 50-day listings really stale?

saveTheCorner

Homeowner
I’m sense-checking a Manila sample priced from PHP 35,730,000 to PHP 53,590,000, mostly townhouses. The typical listing has been visible for 50 days.

My working theory is that buyer financing costs separate the quick sales from stock that lingers, but I may be reading too much into asking prices and days online. Has anyone seen recent completed sales, withdrawals or price cuts that tell a different story? Neighbourhood boundaries and condition may also be distorting the comparison.
 
Financing is plausible, but 50 days online does not necessarily mean 50 days genuinely for sale. Withdrawn and relisted properties can muddy that measure, while sellers with no urgency may leave an ambitious price up indefinitely.

How tightly have you defined Manila, and are the townhouses comparable on condition? I’d separate renovated homes from those needing work, then note when the first price reduction appears rather than relying only on the current asking price.
 
I wouldn’t put financing first without completed-sale evidence. Seller motivation can explain the same split: one accepts the available demand, another waits.

A practical next step is a weekly sheet recording new listings, removals, relistings and price changes within fixed neighbourhood boundaries. Where a property disappears, treat it as unknown rather than sold unless the outcome can be confirmed. That should reveal whether the 50-day figure reflects slow demand, recycled stock or simply optimistic sellers.
 
Back
Top