March 2025 notes from Rio de Janeiro: country homes after 57 days

blueprint.solid

Real estate agent
Established
Verified Pro
My small March 2025 sample of Rio de Janeiro country homes has been marketed for about 57 days, but the homes differ enough in condition to make that figure questionable. The asking prices run from R$4,906,000 to R$7,358,000, and property tax may also be affecting how buyers judge the overall cost.

I do not think a broad Rio average would help with such a specific group. To work out whether anything is changing, should I concentrate first on recent completed sales, listings that disappeared without selling, or how long sellers waited before reducing their prices?
 
Fifty-seven days alone is too little to call a shift, particularly if neighbourhood boundaries and property condition vary within such a small group. I would first separate genuine completed sales from withdrawals, then compare new-listing volume with the same period. Also note whether reductions happened early or only after weeks without interest. If financing differs among likely buyers, that could distort the pattern too; seller motivation may explain more than the tax figure.
 
Back
Top