We received an early offer of around MX$11,880,000 on our Mexico City property. The speed is appealing, but the listing agent now says they can also represent the buyer.
Before considering that, I want to understand how our negotiating position and confidential information would be protected. I’m also unclear whether “the agent” means the same named contact or merely someone else at the brokerage. If this arrangement is permitted locally, what conflict disclosure, role limits, fee terms and offer-handling procedures would you want in writing? I’m looking for the downside rather than general reassurance about the market.
Before considering that, I want to understand how our negotiating position and confidential information would be protected. I’m also unclear whether “the agent” means the same named contact or merely someone else at the brokerage. If this arrangement is permitted locally, what conflict disclosure, role limits, fee terms and offer-handling procedures would you want in writing? I’m looking for the downside rather than general reassurance about the market.