If I leave myself too little cash, even a routine repair could force an expensive decision soon after buying. That is making me question whether this one-bedroom Mexico City duplex, priced at about MX$25,470,000, is too close to my limit.
Once the deposit and the closing estimate are set aside, the remaining cash would be around MX$576,000. That still has to cover a proper emergency reserve, the move, early building or service payments, the insurance excess and any work identified during inspection. The first loan payment also needs to land without relying on next month’s income.
I can furnish the place gradually, but I am less sure how much to reserve for shared-building demands or essential first-year work. What order would you fund those items in, and what information should I confirm before deciding that the balance is adequate?
Once the deposit and the closing estimate are set aside, the remaining cash would be around MX$576,000. That still has to cover a proper emergency reserve, the move, early building or service payments, the insurance excess and any work identified during inspection. The first loan payment also needs to land without relying on next month’s income.
I can furnish the place gradually, but I am less sure how much to reserve for shared-building demands or essential first-year work. What order would you fund those items in, and what information should I confirm before deciding that the balance is adequate?