Miami buyer comparing mixed-use prices and transaction costs

I have recently started looking beyond ordinary Miami homes, which has raised a new question about where to begin my research. Mixed-use property interests me, particularly how to compare asking figures with recorded sales while allowing for financing, management and purchase expenses.

I am a first-time buyer and joined to hear how people approach this in different markets rather than relying only on Miami listings. Is there a useful United States section, completed-sales source or beginner thread I should read first?
 
Welcome. I’d start with completed-sale records rather than listings, then build a simple worksheet separating purchase price, financing, closing costs, renovation, and ongoing management. National data can show direction, but the local board may be more useful for Miami comparisons. Are you looking at buildings with residential units over retail, or a broader definition of mixed-use?
 
I’d be cautious about choosing one dataset first. Mixed-use sales can be hard to compare because two similarly priced buildings may have very different tenant arrangements, condition, or income potential. A first-purchase checklist might be more useful: financing assumptions, legal questions, expected renovation, management needs, and which completed sales are genuinely comparable.
 
Agreed on the checklist, though I wouldn’t postpone the data work. Run both tracks together: collect a small set of relevant completed sales and record why each is or isn’t comparable. Then test mortgage options and transaction costs against conservative income and renovation assumptions. That should also give you sharper questions to take to the Miami section instead of asking for a general market view.
 
Back
Top