Miami listings: the headline and the street-level picture?

porch.direct

Property investor
Established
Miami stock looks slower in my notes. My concern is that the sample may be hiding sharp differences between neighbouring streets.

I am following mostly duplexes priced from $916,000 to $1,374,000, and their typical visible time is 119 days. Inventory has increased, yet the number that suits my requirements remains limited. I first read the long exposure as buyer leverage, but a renovated, readily financeable property can still move differently from a project nearby, regardless of the broader average.

My next step is to separate continuous market time from withdrawals and relists, then compare recent completed sales and the timing of price cuts within tight neighbourhood boundaries. For anyone tracking Miami closely, is new-listing volume or buyer financing currently the bigger divider between properties that sell and those that linger?
 
I wouldn’t read the 119 days as a citywide signal yet. Split the sample by tightly drawn neighbourhood boundaries, then by condition and whether the property is realistically financeable for your intended buyer. A renovated duplex on one street and a project a few blocks away can attract very different demand. Are you measuring continuous market time or simply how long each address has remained visible to you?
 
Also, what is the intended use—owner occupation, rental, or either? That changes which competing properties matter. Recent completed sales show what buyers accepted, but withdrawn stock can reveal where sellers refused the market. I’d track the date and size of each price cut rather than treating every 119-day listing as equally stale.
 
On second thought, I’d put listing history ahead of condition in the first pass. Condition is subjective from photos, while withdrawal, relisting and repeated cuts are observable. I partly disagree that more supply automatically explains the split: if most of the extra stock is unsuitable, it may not compete with the few duplexes you would buy at all.
 
Financing can separate apparently similar properties too. A completed sale tells you something cleared, but not whether another listing has condition, occupancy or documentation issues that narrow its buyer pool. Seller motivation is another unknown: long exposure without meaningful cuts may indicate patience rather than an opportunity. I’d ask why each promising property is still available before assuming the days translate into bargaining power.
 
That distinction helps. My 119-day figure is portal visibility, not verified continuous market time, and I haven’t separated withdrawals and relists properly. The sample also crosses boundaries that probably shouldn’t be blended. I’m going to rebuild it into smaller areas, then separate properties I would genuinely consider from those merely inside the price and duplex filters.
 
That should produce a much cleaner picture. For each genuinely comparable listing, record first-seen date, price changes, withdrawal or relisting, current status, condition and any obvious occupancy difference. Then place recent completed sales beside the active competition rather than averaging everything together. If the desirable subset still sits and cuts prices, you may have leverage; if only the compromised stock ages, the headline supply increase is less useful.
 
Back
Top