Miami property transactions: which surprises cause the most confusion?

clear_lane

Seller
Established
I work around the Miami property market and keep seeing the same practical problem: pricing, negotiation, property tax, financing deadlines and document coordination get treated as though one person controls all of them. That can leave important questions unanswered until late in a transaction.

I’m opening this Q&A for specific situations. Please include the jurisdiction, property type, transaction stage and whether financing is involved. I’ll separate personal experience from matters requiring regulated advice, and I’ll be clear about professional scope or possible conflicts. Local professionals are welcome to explain where their process differs.
 
The first surprise may be professional scope itself. “Property manager” can mean something quite different from the person representing a buyer or seller in a transaction. Before discussing a Miami example, could you state which parts you personally coordinate and which questions you would send to a lender, tax adviser, attorney or other professional?
 
Agreed, and I would add that “pricing evidence” needs definition. A seller’s asking price, recent comparable transactions and an opinion about negotiating room are not interchangeable. If someone posts a pricing question, it would help to say what evidence is available and whether the person providing it has any connection to either side.
 
For a financed Miami property purchase, who normally keeps track of document requests across the different participants? I’m less interested in who gives regulated advice than in the coordination problem: who maintains the current list, confirms that an item was received, and warns everyone when a financing deadline may be affected?
 
I’d be cautious about naming one person as the universal coordinator, Anika. That can create false confidence because each participant may control only part of the process. A practical approach is for the buyer or seller to keep a simple shared log: document requested, who requested it, who supplies it, date sent, receipt confirmed, and any deadline affected. Each professional should still confirm their own requirements.
 
That log also exposes missing ownership quickly. For future questions, posters could use a compact format: jurisdiction, property type, cash or financed, current stage, deadline, professional involved, and the exact point of confusion. Answers could then distinguish ordinary coordination, negotiable terms and issues that need jurisdiction-specific regulated advice. A worked Miami example involving a financing delay would make a useful first case.
 
Back
Top