Miami studios: is the 5.4% movement hiding a split market?

jules_finance

Real estate agent
A 5.4% movement across Miami studios priced from $508,000 to $762,000 may say more about the mix of listings than the direction of the market. Median marketing time is around 29 days in this small snapshot, but renovated units and properties needing work are behaving differently.

I’m less convinced that financing costs alone explain whether buyers negotiate or move on. Seller motivation, condition and the number of homes withdrawn without selling could matter just as much. Should I split the sample by neighbourhood and condition first, then compare completed prices, the timing of reductions and withdrawn stock?
 
I would start with completed sales, then separate the studios by neighbourhood and condition before treating 29 days or +5.4% as meaningful. That price range may be too broad for one comparison.

Financing pressure can encourage an offer with different terms, but it does not follow that the seller will absorb it; motivation matters. Compare the initial and final asking prices, note when cuts occurred, and count withdrawals alongside new listings. Also, are your saved properties within one neighbourhood boundary or spread across Miami?
 
Back
Top