Montreal detached-home snapshot — July 2025

small_quill

First-time buyer
Established
I’m deciding whether this is solid enough for a citywide July 2025 snapshot or should remain provisional. For Montreal detached homes, the current indications are 58 days on market, asking-price movement of -0.5%, and visible financing sensitivity around C$756,000.

These figures are not an official index. Before revising the summary, I’m looking for completed-sale evidence, inventory changes and neighbourhood splits. Please also state the sample definition, observation date and whether the price movement reflects reductions on listings or a change in the overall asking-price mix.
 
I would keep it provisional. A Montreal-wide figure can hide very different neighbourhood patterns, and the -0.5% is hard to interpret until we know whether the same listings were tracked over time. It would help to separate active listings, terminated or relisted properties, and completed sales. A source link and revision date should accompany any update.
 
The C$756,000 point needs more explanation too. Is that an observed price band where listings take longer or require more reductions, or simply the centre of the sample? Without counts above and below it, “financing sensitivity” may be an inference rather than something the data demonstrates. Also, does the 58-day figure cover detached homes only, with no semi-detached or other property types mixed in?
 
I disagree slightly about holding it back entirely; a clearly labelled working snapshot can still be useful. I’d publish the three indicators as provisional, then add a small table showing price bands, neighbourhood groups, active inventory and completed sales where evidence is available. Put the sample period and latest revision date beside it. That would make later changes traceable without presenting the first version as definitive.
 
Back
Top