Montreal monthly property snapshot — November 2024

GroundedWorkshop

Property investor
The figures are not useful for month-to-month tracking until the underlying sample can be checked. For Montreal studios in November 2024, I have an indicative 48-day marketing period, asking-price movement of 8.3% and a financing-sensitive figure around C$877,500, but the relationship between those measures is not yet clear.

Before retaining the snapshot, I need the listing count, neighbourhood coverage, calculation method and revision date. For example, an 8.3% rise in the median could simply reflect more expensive studios entering the sample rather than sellers raising prices. Completed sales and inventory changes would help; please include the source, or identify personal observations plainly so they are not mixed with published data.
 
I would not retain the +8.3% as a market comparison until the sample definition is clear. Is that movement in asking prices for the same listings, a change in the median asking price, or a comparison with an earlier period? Price-band mix could move the figure sharply even if individual sellers changed nothing.
 
The C$877,500 figure also needs explaining. Is it a price band within the studio sample, or a broader Montreal financing threshold being placed beside studio data? Those are very different claims. I’d also want the number of listings and the revision date before drawing anything from 48 days.
 
Agreed on separating the measures, but I would not discard the snapshot entirely. Keep it as a provisional November 2024 entry and add columns for active-listing count, completed-sale evidence, neighbourhood, property type, price band and revision date. That would expose whether the apparent movement comes from inventory or mix changes. Until then, label 48 days, +8.3% and C$877,500 as indicative rather than Montreal-wide conclusions.
 
Back
Top