The main limitation is that the March 2026 figures may be mixing properties and reporting periods that are not genuinely comparable. Chicago has more visible inventory, yet much of it is not stock I would consider buying. Well-presented warehouses appear to take about 117 days to move, while renovation-heavy homes tend to remain listed longer. The observed difference between list and sale prices is around 6.4%.
That could reflect seasonal supply or greater buyer selectivity, but transaction volume, the source cutoff and later revisions may change the interpretation. Does “asking price” mean the original figure or the last reduced price? I would also want to test the pattern by neighbourhood and property type before drawing anything from the citywide result.
That could reflect seasonal supply or greater buyer selectivity, but transaction volume, the source cutoff and later revisions may change the interpretation. Does “asking price” mean the original figure or the last reduced price? I would also want to test the pattern by neighbourhood and property type before drawing anything from the citywide result.