I want a mortgage that remains comfortable each month, but the two illustrations are built on different assumptions. The purchase in Riyadh is around SAR 862,500, and one option shows 3.92% fixed for 10 years even though its headline advertising suggested less.
My difficulty is deciding what to compare first. The lenders appear to use different loan-to-value bands and fee treatment, so neither the rate nor APR tells the whole story on its own. Would it be more useful to have both rerun with the same down payment and term, then compare monthly payments, fees, the balance after year ten and the cost if the rate resets? I may also move or repay early, so those terms cannot be an afterthought.
My difficulty is deciding what to compare first. The lenders appear to use different loan-to-value bands and fee treatment, so neither the rate nor APR tells the whole story on its own. Would it be more useful to have both rerun with the same down payment and term, then compare monthly payments, fees, the balance after year ten and the cost if the rate resets? I may also move or repay early, so those terms cannot be an afterthought.