HonestWorkshop
Homeowner
We may move before a fixed term finishes, which makes the exit terms as important as the initial payment. The quote is for a Cape Town purchase of about ZAR 11,920,000 at 4.87% fixed for 3 years.
The headline offer I first saw was cheaper, but it was not based on the same loan-to-value band and the fee structure was different. For a fair lender comparison, should I focus on the cash paid up to our likely moving date, the interest over all three years, or APR?
I am also checking whether portability would actually cover the next purchase and what an early repayment would cost. The rate reset is the harder risk to unwind if we stay longer than planned, so I would be interested in how others model that alongside the possibility of leaving early.
The headline offer I first saw was cheaper, but it was not based on the same loan-to-value band and the fee structure was different. For a fair lender comparison, should I focus on the cash paid up to our likely moving date, the interest over all three years, or APR?
I am also checking whether portability would actually cover the next purchase and what an early repayment would cost. The rate reset is the harder risk to unwind if we stay longer than planned, so I would be interested in how others model that alongside the possibility of leaving early.