I am torn between comparing the headline APR and comparing only the cash leaving my account during the fixed period. Both seem plausible, but neither captures the full position on a Madrid purchase of about €653,200 with a quote of 6.55% fixed for five years.
The lender's fees and LTV band make the initial rate less informative, so I want to compare payments, interest, upfront charges and the balance at month 60 on the same basis. Monthly affordability matters as well. Portability, early-exit costs and the terms after year five could change the result if I sell, refinance or keep the mortgage.
The lender's fees and LTV band make the initial rate less informative, so I want to compare payments, interest, upfront charges and the balance at month 60 on the same basis. Monthly affordability matters as well. Portability, early-exit costs and the terms after year five could change the result if I sell, refinance or keep the mortgage.