A poor ownership or succession arrangement could prove more expensive than any item on the completion bill. That is my main concern with a Mumbai condo costing about ₹115,200,000.
I can identify the obvious purchase charges, including registration and possible legal or notary costs, but I am less certain about residency restrictions, building dues, annual property costs, tax on a future sale and inheritance consequences. None of these looks decisive alone; together they leave too many assumptions unresolved.
Would you ask the local lawyer and tax adviser to separate their figures into acquisition, yearly ownership, eventual sale and inheritance, and to state the residency and ownership assumptions behind each section?
I can identify the obvious purchase charges, including registration and possible legal or notary costs, but I am less certain about residency restrictions, building dues, annual property costs, tax on a future sale and inheritance consequences. None of these looks decisive alone; together they leave too many assumptions unresolved.
Would you ask the local lawyer and tax adviser to separate their figures into acquisition, yearly ownership, eventual sale and inheritance, and to state the residency and ownership assumptions behind each section?