Mumbai detached homes: are 46-day marketing periods signalling a change?

studyTheRoom

Homeowner
Established
Citywide figures seem too broad for this question, but a very narrow sample can create its own false signal. For December 2025 I followed detached Mumbai homes priced from ₹51,770,000 to ₹77,660,000, and their visible marketing time is around 46 days.

Supply has increased, although only a small share of the homes suit what I would buy. A well-located property in usable condition could therefore move quickly while unsuitable stock raises the average, even without a broader market shift. Should I treat the extra days as noise for now, or is there evidence of this segment changing? My next comparison will probably need completed sales, withdrawals, condition and the timing of the first price cut.
 
On its own, 46 days sounds too ambiguous to establish a change. I would separate the homes by neighbourhood boundary and condition, then compare recent completed sales with listings that were withdrawn. More advertised stock can simply mean unsuitable or over-optimistically priced homes are lingering.
 
Do you know when the first price cuts occurred? A home listed for 46 days with no reduction tells a different story from one reduced after two weeks. Buyer financing also matters at this price level: slower completion may reflect funding or negotiation rather than weaker demand. I would track initial asking price, reduction date and eventual outcome for each property.
 
I would not dismiss the extra listings entirely. If new-listing volume keeps rising while completed sales remain thin, that could be an early shift even before headline prices react. But seller motivation is the missing piece: genuine sellers and speculative listings should not be counted alike. Keep the sample narrow for another period and record sold, withdrawn, reduced and unchanged homes separately.
 
Back
Top