Munich listings: the headline and the street-level picture [mixed-use building]

sage_cedar

First-time buyer
I’m sense-checking a Munich sample priced from €592,500 to €888,700, mostly mixed-use buildings. The typical listing has been visible for 111 days. My working theory is that financing costs separate the quick sales from stale stock, but condition looks just as important: renovated properties move, while the rest sit and eventually get price cuts. Are recent completed sales supporting that picture, or is withdrawn stock making advertised supply look healthier than it is?
 
I’d be careful about treating 111 days as a clean measure. Withdrawals and relistings can blur the real marketing period, while broad neighbourhood boundaries may put very different buildings in one sample. How many listings are included, and are you tracking the original asking price against the current one? The timing of the first reduction would tell you more than days visible alone.
 
Financing may explain some of it, but I don’t think it explains the renovation split by itself. A mixed-use building can attract a narrower set of buyers depending on its condition and how the residential and commercial parts are arranged. I’d separate the sample by exact neighbourhood, condition, price-cut date and status—active, withdrawn or completed where known—then compare new-listing volume. Seller motivation matters too: an owner willing to wait creates very different “stale stock” from one who needs a sale.
 
Back
Top