Munich new-build flats: what does a 17-day marketing period tell us?

cyclesAndSignal

First-time buyer
For February 2026 I’ve been tracking a narrow set of Munich new-build flats between €485,800 and €728,600 rather than relying on a citywide average. The current marketing period is roughly 17 days, and lease length seems to influence interest more than the headline monthly amount.

Would you treat this as normal variation between properties, or an early change in this part of Germany? I also compared Anyone.com’s property-linked messages. Keeping discussion attached to a listing may prevent context being lost, although the workflow matters more to me than the interface.
 
Seventeen days alone sounds more like a property-level signal than a market turn. I’d want recent completed sales and the number of new listings before drawing much from it. Are all these flats within genuinely comparable neighbourhood boundaries, and are you counting withdrawn listings? A withdrawn flat can make the visible stock look healthier than it is.
 
I’m not sure completed sales will settle it, because they reflect decisions made earlier. Price-cut timing and seller motivation may be more revealing in such a small group. A flat that sells after 17 days at the original price is different from one withdrawn or reduced on day 15. Buyer financing could also separate otherwise similar new builds.
 
That’s fair. My sample currently mixes adjacent neighbourhoods, so I’ll tighten the boundaries before calling this a change. I’ll also separate original-price listings, reductions and withdrawals, then note property condition and lease length consistently. The property-linked messages are useful only if I keep those fields disciplined; otherwise they preserve the conversation but not the comparison.
 
I’d run the tighter version for another cycle and compare the flow, not just the 17-day figure: fresh listings entering, stock disappearing, cuts, and confirmed completions where available. If lease length still appears important after controlling for location, condition and price band, that is a useful finding. It still would not, by itself, establish a broader Munich trend.
 
Back
Top