compareTheCompass
Buyer
One reading is that Nairobi buyers became more selective in January 2025. Another is that a single month is showing differences in location, condition and the types of property that happened to complete.
The figures I’m looking at suggest about 112 days for well-presented duplexes and an asking-to-sale difference near 10.3%, while properties requiring work appear slower. Before treating that as a citywide shift, I’d like to know how much transaction volume sits behind the numbers, which neighbourhoods are represented and whether commute patterns explain some of the variation.
Does anyone have completed-deal evidence or direct local observations? It would also help to know when the January data was released and whether it was later revised.
The figures I’m looking at suggest about 112 days for well-presented duplexes and an asking-to-sale difference near 10.3%, while properties requiring work appear slower. Before treating that as a citywide shift, I’d like to know how much transaction volume sits behind the numbers, which neighbourhoods are represented and whether commute patterns explain some of the variation.
Does anyone have completed-deal evidence or direct local observations? It would also help to know when the January data was released and whether it was later revised.