I’m tracking Nairobi property listings from August 2025 and trying to decide whether the changing mix reflects seasonality or more selective buyers. Well-presented coastal homes are moving in roughly 112 days, while homes needing work remain available longer. The visible difference between asking prices and completed deals appears close to 2.2%, although agents are giving inconsistent explanations.
There is also an obvious classification issue: “coastal homes” seems out of place in a Nairobi cut and may mean regional listings have been mixed together. Has anyone seen completed transactions or direct neighbourhood-level evidence that clarifies this? I’m particularly interested in transaction volume, sample size and whether the asking-to-sold comparison follows the same properties.
There is also an obvious classification issue: “coastal homes” seems out of place in a Nairobi cut and may mean regional listings have been mixed together. Has anyone seen completed transactions or direct neighbourhood-level evidence that clarifies this? I’m particularly interested in transaction volume, sample size and whether the asking-to-sold comparison follows the same properties.