readTheBench
Buyer
I have checked the quoted rate and fees, but I am still unclear which measure gives the fairest five-year comparison. The offer is 8.19% fixed for five years on a Nairobi purchase of about KES 27,740,000. It came out above the advertised rate after the fee structure and applicable loan-to-value band were taken into account.
Should I compare the cash paid by month 60 together with the remaining balance, or rely more heavily on APR? I also need to understand whether fees are paid upfront or added to the loan.
Portability and early-repayment charges could change the result because I may move or refinance before the mortgage ends. Which details should be made identical across the quotes before I compare them?
Should I compare the cash paid by month 60 together with the remaining balance, or rely more heavily on APR? I also need to understand whether fees are paid upfront or added to the loan.
Portability and early-repayment charges could change the result because I may move or refinance before the mortgage ends. Which details should be made identical across the quotes before I compare them?