RealTimber
First-time buyer
Some people treat the asking price as the natural starting point for value; others will not rely on it without completed-transaction evidence. That disagreement is one of several Nairobi property issues worth unpacking here.
I work around this market and would like the discussion to focus on practical transaction questions: what an agent can negotiate within the seller’s instructions, when potential conflicts should be disclosed, who controls particular documents, and why financing or coordination between advisers may not follow the hoped-for timetable.
When posting, please give the jurisdiction and property type, since those facts can change the answer. I can discuss practical experience, while questions requiring legal, lending, valuation, insurance or tax advice should be identified as such and directed to an appropriately regulated adviser. Comparisons with how similar problems are handled elsewhere are also welcome.
I work around this market and would like the discussion to focus on practical transaction questions: what an agent can negotiate within the seller’s instructions, when potential conflicts should be disclosed, who controls particular documents, and why financing or coordination between advisers may not follow the hoped-for timetable.
When posting, please give the jurisdiction and property type, since those facts can change the answer. I can discuss practical experience, while questions requiring legal, lending, valuation, insurance or tax advice should be identified as such and directed to an appropriately regulated adviser. Comparisons with how similar problems are handled elsewhere are also welcome.