Nairobi student housing snapshot — July 2026

I’m compiling a July 2026 community snapshot for Nairobi student housing. The current indications are 117 days on market, asking-price movement of -0.3%, and visible financing sensitivity around KES 178,700,000. These are discussion inputs, not an official index.

The main problem is comparability: the figures may be distorted by neighbourhood, price band, property type and changes in available inventory. If you add evidence, please distinguish completed sales from asking prices and include the source or clearly label it as an on-the-ground observation. Revision dates would also help. I’ll update the summary as firmer evidence comes in.
 
Before treating 117 days as representative, how is “student housing” defined in the sample—purpose-built blocks only, or also ordinary apartments marketed to students? That distinction could materially change both time on market and the KES 178,700,000 financing point. I’d split the next update by neighbourhood and price band, then show listing counts for each group. Otherwise the -0.3% movement may simply reflect a different mix of properties rather than a broad price change.
 
Back
Top