reviewTheCompass
First-time buyer
The more I look at the saved Nairobi listings, the less useful the 36-day midpoint seems. The detached two-bedroom homes span roughly KES 136,700,000 to KES 205,100,000, yet some disappear quickly while others remain available.
I initially wondered whether building reserves explained the difference, but a similar home with a larger plot, better condition or a more realistic seller could move faster for entirely different reasons. How would local owners or agents divide this sample first: by neighbourhood, plot and condition, or by seller behaviour? My next step is to record completed sales, withdrawals, fresh listing volume and the dates of any price reductions rather than relying on asking prices alone.
I initially wondered whether building reserves explained the difference, but a similar home with a larger plot, better condition or a more realistic seller could move faster for entirely different reasons. How would local owners or agents divide this sample first: by neighbourhood, plot and condition, or by seller behaviour? My next step is to record completed sales, withdrawals, fresh listing volume and the dates of any price reductions rather than relying on asking prices alone.