Keeping the Nairobi warehouse with a manager would make the move easier, but selling before I leave would remove the risk of handling it from a distance. Neither option is comfortable: management is being quoted at about 7% of rent, with separate costs for finding tenants and arranging repairs, while a sale would mean giving up the asset and its income.
The present lease produces only a narrow surplus after those charges. I’m particularly concerned about tenant turnover, property tax and whether remote oversight would still require regular involvement from me.
What would most affect your decision here—the remaining lease term, the tenant’s maintenance obligations, the likely annual management cost, or the realistic sale proceeds?
The present lease produces only a narrow surplus after those charges. I’m particularly concerned about tenant turnover, property tax and whether remote oversight would still require regular involvement from me.
What would most affect your decision here—the remaining lease term, the tenant’s maintenance obligations, the likely annual management cost, or the realistic sale proceeds?