bench.wise
Mortgage adviser
We have received an early offer of around C$1,519,000 on our Toronto property, and the listing agent has said they can also work with the buyer. A quick deal is appealing, but I do not understand how the agent could protect our confidential information or negotiate independently for both sides.
Before considering this, what conflict disclosure, written consent, limits on advice, and offer-handling safeguards would you insist on? I also want to clarify the fee basis, whether the buyer is qualified, who the named contact would be for each side, expected response times, and what support we would receive if the deal fell through. Photography has not yet become a major issue because the offer arrived early, but should its scope still be documented in case we return to the market?
I am particularly interested in how this is handled in Toronto. If you are comparing it with another Canadian province or another country, please identify the jurisdiction because I understand the rules may differ.
Before considering this, what conflict disclosure, written consent, limits on advice, and offer-handling safeguards would you insist on? I also want to clarify the fee basis, whether the buyer is qualified, who the named contact would be for each side, expected response times, and what support we would receive if the deal fell through. Photography has not yet become a major issue because the offer arrived early, but should its scope still be documented in case we return to the market?
I am particularly interested in how this is handled in Toronto. If you are comparing it with another Canadian province or another country, please identify the jurisdiction because I understand the rules may differ.