Negotiate now or wait on Lyon studios listed for 9 days?

otis.elm

Buyer
Established
I’m looking at Lyon studios asking roughly €456,300–€684,500 and trying to decide whether to negotiate now or wait. Comparable listings seem to be around 9 days on market, but the market feels split: renovated properties move quickly, while those needing work sit and eventually get cuts. Listings with a clear explanation of transaction fees also seem to behave differently.

Has anyone tracked recent completed sales against their public asking-price history? Neighbourhood boundaries matter, so please say which part of Lyon. I’m also interested in withdrawn or relisted stock, not just visible price reductions.
 
Nine days alone is too early to treat as evidence that a seller will discount, particularly for a renovated studio. I’d first clarify what is included in those asking prices and what you mean by transaction fees. Also, how large a renovation gap are you seeing? A dated kitchen is a different negotiation from major work. Completed price, condition and the exact neighbourhood would be more useful than days listed.
 
I partly disagree that nine days tells you almost nothing. At €456,300–€684,500, buyer financing and the seller’s reason for selling can matter quickly, even if the listing is fresh. Still, public asking history can mislead when a property is withdrawn and returned at another price. I would compare total cost after works and fees, then make a supported offer rather than waiting automatically for the first cut.
 
Ask the agent for three things: the original listing date, whether it was previously withdrawn or relisted, and whether the seller has rejected any offers. Then separate renovated and unrenovated comparables within the same small area. If financing is ready, that certainty may strengthen a modest offer without relying on a dramatic discount. For a property needing work, price the work first and use that calculation to explain the offer.
 
Back
Top