Negotiating on a ₹84,340,000 Delhi listing after 21 days

DevYork

Seller
I am considering a Delhi property listed at ₹84,340,000 that has been on the market for about 21 days. More listings are appearing, but few are places I would actually buy. The market feels split rather than uniformly fast or slow; in the coastal-home category I am tracking, asking prices are roughly ₹67,470,000–₹101,200,000.

Properties with a clear answer on lease length seem to move differently. Would you negotiate now or wait for a price cut? Recent completed sales would be especially helpful, including cases where the final price differed from the public asking history.
 
Twenty-one days alone is not much leverage if the property is in good condition and one of the few you would buy. I would still make an offer, but base it on comparable completed sales and any work required rather than an arbitrary percentage below ₹84,340,000. Seller motivation matters more than listing volume: is it vacant, occupied, or tied to a particular completion timeline?
 
Could you clarify what you mean by “coastal-home category” in Delhi, and which neighbourhood boundaries you are using? That description makes comparisons difficult. Two properties within the same broad search area can have very different access, condition and tenure details. Also, is the lease length confirmed in writing, or is the listing merely vague about it?
 
I disagree that an offer should automatically go in now. Apparent new-listing volume can include withdrawn properties returning with altered descriptions or prices, so the market may look deeper than it is. I would track this particular listing through its first reduction cycle. If it is still available after comparable homes move, the seller may become more receptive without you revealing interest too early.
 
Waiting also has a cost if this is genuinely one of the few suitable properties. A practical middle course is to ask three factual questions before naming a number: why the seller is moving, whether any offers have been rejected, and whether there is a preferred completion date. Have your financing position ready as well. A lower offer with fewer timing uncertainties can be more credible than a higher but poorly supported one.
 
Completed prices are the missing piece, but make sure the examples match the same micro-location, lease position and condition. Public asking histories only show what sellers tried, not what buyers ultimately agreed. I would compare the ₹84,340,000 listing with the closest genuine alternatives, price the obvious repairs or uncertainty, and submit a reasoned offer with a clear expiry rather than waiting solely for the advertised price to change.
 
Back
Top