Adding shared-building reserves to my figures has raised a new question: does the 90 m² new-build flat really carry less risk, or does it simply place more of that risk outside my direct control?
I’m comparing it with a similarly priced country home in Doha. The flat may require fewer jobs inside the unit, but charges, reserve decisions and building insurance could still create exposure. The house would leave me responsible for more maintenance, energy use and occasional large repairs.
I also want to compare likely tenants, vacancy periods, management effort and eventual resale time. Which costs are easiest to miss when viewing, and which records or estimates would you request before buying? By how the property is held, I’m considering both personal use versus letting and the ownership structure, as either could change the calculation.
I’m comparing it with a similarly priced country home in Doha. The flat may require fewer jobs inside the unit, but charges, reserve decisions and building insurance could still create exposure. The house would leave me responsible for more maintenance, energy use and occasional large repairs.
I also want to compare likely tenants, vacancy periods, management effort and eventual resale time. Which costs are easiest to miss when viewing, and which records or estimates would you request before buying? By how the property is held, I’m considering both personal use versus letting and the ownership structure, as either could change the calculation.