New here: mortgage adviser in London

readTheEcho

Mortgage adviser
Established
Verified Pro
I need to decide where to begin before my reading list gets out of hand: broad market data offers context, but practical threads may be more useful for an actual purchase. Hello from London—I’m a mortgage adviser with an interest in country homes, renovation, transaction costs and the difference between asking figures and completed deals.

I joined because I want perspectives beyond my usual local conversations. For the UK section, would you start with the local board and then follow discussions by area, or begin with legal costs, renovation planning and property management? My instinct is that the first route suits market comparison, while the second may be better for understanding whether an individual property is workable.
 
Welcome. I’d start on the local board, then narrow the reading by intended use. Completed-price data is more useful than asking prices for understanding past transactions, but it may not explain condition, renovation needs or why two apparently similar country homes differ. Are you mainly comparing purchases for occupation, property management, or investment modelling? That would change which discussions are most relevant.
 
I’d actually put the first-purchase and legal-checklist discussions ahead of broad market data. National figures can provide context, but transaction costs, financing assumptions and renovation scope often determine whether a particular property works. After that, compare mortgage scenarios and advertised versus completed prices for the same locality and property type rather than treating “country homes” as one market.
 
Back
Top