Our response deadline is close, and I am trying to work out whether protecting the deposit requires us to act now. We priced the New York villa on an as-is basis, yet the offer also gives us inspection rights. A potentially large transaction-fee issue has since come up, and the seller says that even asking for details or a credit goes against the basis of the deal.
I understood as-is to mean we would not insist on repairs, not that we had surrendered any contractual right to cancel. How should those points be separated, particularly if the fee is not directly tied to the villa’s condition? I am concerned about missing the contingency deadline and putting the deposit at risk while the issue is still being clarified.
I understood as-is to mean we would not insist on repairs, not that we had surrendered any contractual right to cancel. How should those points be separated, particularly if the fee is not directly tied to the villa’s condition? I am concerned about missing the contingency deadline and putting the deposit at risk while the issue is still being clarified.