sol_compares
First-time buyer
At roughly $1,020,000, the distinction between cash due at closing and recurring ownership costs could materially affect my decision. The property is a mixed-use building in New York, and my draft checklist already includes transfer-related charges, recording or registration fees, legal costs and standard closing items.
What might still sit outside an early estimate, particularly if the buyer uses an entity or faces ownership or residency restrictions? Before responding to the seller, I plan to ask licensed New York advisers for separate estimates covering completion and the first full year. I also need questions addressing annual entity expenses, capital-gains treatment, residency status and inheritance planning. The location within New York and the proposed ownership structure are not settled yet, so I want to identify which choices can wait and which must be decided before the contract is agreed.
What might still sit outside an early estimate, particularly if the buyer uses an entity or faces ownership or residency restrictions? Before responding to the seller, I plan to ask licensed New York advisers for separate estimates covering completion and the first full year. I also need questions addressing annual entity expenses, capital-gains treatment, residency status and inheritance planning. The location within New York and the proposed ownership structure are not settled yet, so I want to identify which choices can wait and which must be decided before the contract is agreed.